Join Shop Free Mart! Sign up for free!

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Mets Outfielder Yoenis Cespedes Tries To Improve Flexibility With Yoga

Yo is into yoga.
Trying to stay off the disabled list after he was hobbled by leg injuries last season, New York Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes took to yoga this winter.
"This year I did three things differently," Cespedes said through a translator Monday following the team's first full workout. "I ran. Then I did weightlifting, but not so much heavy weights. And then I did yoga trying to get ready for this."
A two-time All-Star, Cespedes signed a $110 million, four-year contract before the 2017 season and bulked up in the weight room. He wound up on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain from April 28 until June 10 and then with a right hamstring strain from Aug. 26 through the end of the season. Cespedes hit .292 with 17 homers and 42 RBIs in 81 games.
"With yoga, my muscles are more flexible right now," he said. "I used to work out with heavy weightlifting. I had strength, but I wasn't flexible. Now I'm flexible because of the yoga. ... The yoga has been working for me. When I showed up in the last couple of seasons down here, the lower back of my body was very tight. I haven't felt that yet."
The 32-year-old Cespedes is noticeably trimmer. (MORE)
Source: ESPN

No comments: