Join Shop Free Mart! Sign up for free!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Yoga: A Useful Tool For Fighting Cancer

In recent years, I have found yoga to be a source of health, inspiration and peace. I began practicing, not to get in better shape, but because my doctor told me meditation might be beneficial to my health. Although I am unable to sit still for longer than a few minutes at a time, the practice of yoga is part physical and part meditative. As a result, it provided me with the perfect combination of healing and stress relief.

I was therefore not surprised to learn that recent studies have found cancer survivors who participated in a regular program of yoga recovered more easily, both physically and emotionally than those who did not.

The American Yoga Association (AYA), a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing yoga education, explains that yoga practices are based upon exercise, breathing and meditation which help the body heal from physical and emotional stressors. (MORE)

Source: NorthJersey.com

No comments: