Join Shop Free Mart! Sign up for free!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Yoga and Meditation Help You Listen Better

I have a friend who I love very dearly, but I don't think always listens to me. Our conversations are always infused with the best of intentions, but more often than not I feel I'm repeating myself and reassuring her of where I stand. And while I work to see only love throughout the situation, I'm usually left feeling frustrated and all together worn out by the exchange.
I assume that this happens to the best of us. We are human after all and life has a tendency to sweep us up and carry us along without too much thought to really practiced attention. As we go about our busy days with work, personal commitments, raising families, taking care of families, keeping up with friends, tending to those who need us, we often lose the opportunity to stop and really listen once the hectic pace takes over.

This is where personal practice/sadhana and meditation come in to play. (MORE)

Source: Opposing Views

No comments: