Join Shop Free Mart! Sign up for free!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Path to Super Consciousness

I began meditating 52 years ago. Since then I haven’t, to the best of my recollection, missed a single day of practice. No stern-minded self discipline was needed to keep me regularly at it. Meditation is simply the most meaningful activity in my life. I wonder how people live without it.

Meditation gives meaning to everything one does. The Bhagavad Gita says, “To the peace-less person, how is happiness possible?” Inner peace is like lubricating oil: It enables the machinery of our lives to function smoothly. Without mental peace, our emotions and the various demands placed upon us in our lives grind together and create inner stress, leading eventually to a physical or nervous breakdown. (MORE)

Source: Times of India

No comments: