Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fitness Friday Tai Ji, not Tai Chi

You've heard of Tai Chi, but what about Tai Ji? They're both martial arts meant to create a calm focus and balance, but there is a difference.

This week's Fitness Friday focuses on how a corporate guy traded in suits for sweats and learned how to relax.

"I'm from jersey and I'm diagnosed as (having) a double plus personality, so seated meditation wasn't going to work for me," said Gary Matteucci.

He discovered a moving meditation called Tai Ji 13 years ago.

"I started realizing that everything ain't that serious and you can have balance in your life and still make a good living," Matteucci said.

He left the corporate world after 23 years and is now a Tai Ji instructor.

"I say this tongue in cheek, but I swear it does, it slows down the aging process," he said.

So, what's the difference between Tai Chi and Tai Ji? (More)

No comments: