Join Shop Free Mart! Sign up for free!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fitness Friday Tai Ji, not Tai Chi

You've heard of Tai Chi, but what about Tai Ji? They're both martial arts meant to create a calm focus and balance, but there is a difference.

This week's Fitness Friday focuses on how a corporate guy traded in suits for sweats and learned how to relax.

"I'm from jersey and I'm diagnosed as (having) a double plus personality, so seated meditation wasn't going to work for me," said Gary Matteucci.

He discovered a moving meditation called Tai Ji 13 years ago.

"I started realizing that everything ain't that serious and you can have balance in your life and still make a good living," Matteucci said.

He left the corporate world after 23 years and is now a Tai Ji instructor.

"I say this tongue in cheek, but I swear it does, it slows down the aging process," he said.

So, what's the difference between Tai Chi and Tai Ji? (More)

No comments: